The Armstrong Estates — Timeless by Design
Armstrong Estates is the vision of developer Steve Ledson, a fifth generation Sonoma farmer and winemaker, who was drawn to the property by its ideal location at the heart of one of Sonoma's oldest neighborhoods. Steve's dream was to restore the historic Armstrong Estate and surround it with a revival neighborhood of period-inspired, luxury homes designed to compliment the architectural heritage of the original estate as well as the diversity of Sonoma's storied eastside neighborhoods. Fueled by a desire to give back to the town he loves, Steve's goal was to recreate the Sonoma neighborhoods of his youth, ones where people enjoyed quiet afternoons, sipping wine on their front porches while waving to passing neighbors.
In order to capture the small town ambiance of old Sonoma and match the character of its most established neighborhoods, meticulous detail was given to making the Armstrong Estates look as though they had been built over an extended period of time, including:
- Authentic “full dimension” lumber to match the richness and scale of period homes
- Historically accurate architectural details including wrap around porches, wide plank hardwood floors, antique wainscoting, vintage casings and moldings and period light fixtures
- Setbacks varied by home in order to optimize visual corridors and hillside views
- Minimal asphalt and concrete paving, etched to mimic old style pathways
- Rear or side yard garages designed to reduce the sight of automobiles
- Streets lined with old world lamp posts and historic magnolia trees.
Unlike the walled-off mini mansions of so many developments, Sonoma's Armstrong Estates offers luxury living in a peaceful, small-town setting, with all the beauty and culture of one of the world's great wine regions.
Armstrong Estates — More than your dream home…your dream lifestyle.